A quiet week here, We’ve had a few days just chilling out at home. After a busy week last week, I think it’s important to have time at home. It grounds me and gives me chance to have fun with the kids without distraction! Here are the 5 things that made my week more frugal!
- As I said, we’ve had a quiet week at home, so only used the car for the weekly shop at Aldi. Saving diesel and money! We’ve walked into the village a couple of times, which, actually, isn’t far at all.
- I’ve been looking into Pay as You Go contracts for my mobile phone. My contract ends in January and instead of upgrading, which I’ve done for the last 12 years (!!), I’m going to just pay monthly for my data, phone calls, texts etc. This should hopefully save us around £30 a month! Has anyone got any recommendations?
- Yet again, more Mystery Shopping. A free box of chocolates, £15 to spend at the supermarket, and around an extra £20 due to be paid to me in couple of weeks were things I’ve earned this week.
- I ordered E a snowsuit this week from Jojo Maman Bebe. Although it definitely wasn’t a frugal price, these really are the best snowsuits. Waterproof and snuggly, they’re perfect for all the walks we like to go on!
- On a Saturday morning, we quite often meet my in-law’s at a local cafe. As nice as it is, it obviously costs money. So instead of our usual trip, we invited them to our house for coffee and mince pies. Saved money and we didn’t even have to leave the house!
I hope you enjoyed our five frugal things. I enjoy these posts, as it really makes me think about what we’ve done during the week, and helps me stay motivated to continue the thrifty journey!